I found this recipe in an email I received from $5.00 Dinners. I made a couple of adjustments. The recipe is first, followed by my adjustments….
- 1 pkg (about 1.5 lbs.) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- About 3 Tbsp maple syrup, drizzled over chicken
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- About 1/2 lb. baby carrots (or 4-5 peeled carrots sticks)
- 1 small red onion
- Salt and pepper over the top
- Place the chicken the base of the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the maple syrup all over the chicken.
- Place the cubed sweet potatoes, baby carrots or carrot sticks and chopped red onion over the top. Sprinkle a little more salt and pepper over it all.
- Set the slow cooker on low and let cook for 8 hours.
- Serve Slow Cooker Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Baby Carrots.
- (If you don’t like chicken thighs, use 3 chicken breasts.)
Okay, my adjustments…
- I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts. 5 of them, all on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- I seasoned the chicken before pouring the maple syrup on top, salt and pepper only.
- After putting the carrots, sweet potatoes, and onions in, I seasoned with salt and pepper, then put a few small pats of butter on top of that, and sprinkled brown sugar on top.
- To top it all off, I added about 2 TBS of maple syrup.