Here are 5 things I’ve learned so far about living in West Virginia.
1. If you don’t like the weather, wait 15 minutes. It’ll get worse.
2. People can tell if you are not from around here by the way you say “Y’all.”
3. 95% of the people who live around here drive a 4 wheel drive vehicle of some sort. Me included, now.
4. I live on a hill. My neighbors live on a ridge. In front of my house are mountains.
5. Learning to drive a 4 wheeler so you can rescue your spouse who is stuck at the end of your 1/2 mile long, snowy, icy driveway is a necessity.