Courtesy of Taste of Home
I made this salad for several functions…it is a wonderful, delicious salad!!!
TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
* 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 bunch green onions with tops, sliced
* 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
* 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
* 1 bottle (8 ounces) Catalina salad dressing, divided
* 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
* 1 medium head lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
* 4 cups corn chips
In a large salad bowl, toss together the beans, green onions, tomato, avocado and half of the Catalina dressing. Top with cheese and then lettuce. Refrigerate. Just before serving, add corn chips to salad and toss. Serve with remaining dressing. Yield: 8-10 servings.